Monday 9 July 2007

Spaghetti Bolognese


According to recently published research your genes decide what foods you like. We all inherit a disposition to either like or dislike certain foods; how they taste according to the “palate” you have inherited from your ancestors. I thought that maybe the environment also had something to do with it, getting accustomed to new foods and tastes.

Well guess this does not count for taste in clothes or style, there I am certain it has to do with influences coming from them you are surrounded by or maybe just some people are style blind, similar to being colour blind. Sometimes I find it hard to see my mum looking back at me in the mirror in the mornings, I somehow never seem to see my dad there even though I look much alike them both, just depending on which one of them I am compared to. So inheriting your taste you get half and half of your parents, we just have to hope they have a good taste. Can’t live on bangers and mash all the time, or can you? The same pork sausages and potato-mash every single day, how boring would that be?!?

I just yesterday had tacos for the first time in years and they used to be my absolute favourite once years ago. I really don’t know what I like most nowadays, it tends to run in periods and as I do most of the cooking in this family well the rest of the family gets a bit bored with some dishes sometimes, maybe it now is time to go for them tacos again for a while?

The offspring was quite keen on spaghetti Bolognese a couple of years ago and I thought that we will find out how long we can eat it every day as I got tired of the same routine answer when asked what was wanted for dinner. I got tired after 10 days and still the answer to my question what shall I make for dinner was; Spaghetti Bolognese. Well, I like it too but not that much, and not for some time after the 10 days of eating it. So maybe it does run in families after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment