Friday 18 September 2009

Joys of workmen


Well ain't it grand to wake up early in the morning to the sounds of workmen banging on nails and carelessly sawing wood with electrical saws?

Is there really any point in having rules in housing associations as they are never kept in the end? You can complain about your neighbour playing their music (that probably would be me) too loud in the middle of the day, but they can begin their re-decorations and renovations in the middle of the night, even before the Kindergarten next-door opens their door! I really feel like going down there and nail the neighbours feet to the floor, or maybe saw off a head or too!

In the rules it is said that silence should prevail between the hours of 10 p.m and 7 a.m, and no loud work is to be done after 8 p.m. So how it is okay to begin them half an hour before dawn? I really think that at building sites it is okay to begin earlier as the houses then are not lived in, but lived in housing apartments work should not be allowed in until at the earliest 8 a.m.

I really hope nobody messes with me before I have had myself a nice cup of tea!

1 comment:

  1. And the banging and sawing went on for hours and hours...all in all for over 12 hours until they got fed up and quit!

    ReplyDelete