Monday 9 February 2009

Single and free


Even though absent for some time now and having been only blogging occasionally out of family reasons, I am happy to see you, my dear beloved readers, have not completely forgotten about me!
This gives me such pleasure and joy in times not for the better but for worse.

Strange thinking back to my blogging about the seven year itch almost two years ago and now knowing it was a fact, but I only recently discovered about it. Moving to this new apartment just before Xmas made a change. Dear spouse and I are now separated, his offspring having left with him and my own offspring currently planning to leave home in order to continue studies, so I will be alone with the cat in a while.

Suddenly being a single woman at my age, who would have ever been able to imagine that?!?
But that is my reality today and I just hate having to think about the dating scene. If it would not be hard enough to do it in your own home country where you know all the applicable rules and tours of dating.

What the h*ll, maybe my blog should be about this middle aged foreign woman getting into the Finnish dating scene?!?

It certainly also is an aspect of living in this country, and one I never thought I would get involved in apart from watching it from aside, my girlfriends doing it. Maybe a dating blog would be of better service and and more valuable to other immigrants in order to avoid too many feet in the mouth and mishaps?!?

So the first question to ponder about, where to meet these prospects of men?
Any ideas, as getting round my girlfriends old ones is not my theme, too many men I know too much intimate details about and therefor am not at all keen on dating any of them, no matter what the reason or occasion should the need for a companion arise. And besides using some one's already discarded man does not seem a wise thing to do. Too many know factors to try to try to juggle with, jealousy for one instance might turn up it's nasty head.

So now I single and free. Any suggestions, anyone?!? As I am now single and free, available on the dating scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment